Needed for Father's Day Scrapbook Layout:
1 piece Sand Stones Bisous double sided scrapbook paper trimmed
to 11.75" x 11.75" (using BACK)
- 1 piece 5" x 5.5" Impressionist Earth Bisous double
sided scrapbook paper
- 1 piece torn to 5.5" x 1.75" of BACK of Faux Olive Vellum
- 1 piece of dark brown or dark burgandy 12" x 12" card
- 1 page Bisous Father's Cutouts
- 1 sm piece of 4" x 3" vellum or transparency to print
- 2 larger and 1 small brownish/cream buttons
- 4.5" x 1.5"piece of burlap frayed at sides
- dark brown embroidery floss
- straight pin
- 2 silver brads
- sandpaper (fine)
- small piece of raffia
-glue, brown chalk and applicator
1. Cut out the letters "D" "D" "A",hats,
another letter ( I chose my father's first initial) one of the squares
with the shoes and the journalling square "Whose Strong Hands..."
from your page of cutouts. Lightly chalk all the edges except on
the hats graphic. Cut the hat graphic so it is 5" in length
and sand the one edge that is cut so it matches the other edges.
Glue to paper as shown, about .75" from top and .5" from
2. Tear a strip from the BACK of Faux Olive Vellum and scrunch up
in your hands. Flatten again and then rub lightly with sandpaper.
In doing this, the sandpaper will only pick up on your "scrunched"
up areas and it'll make the paper look worn. Glue onto paper about
1.5" from bottom and .25" from left side of paper as shown.
3. Glue "Whose Hands" graphic centered on top of torn
piece of paper. Attach straight pin on left side and brad and button
on right side. Use dark brown embroidery floss on 2 corners to "tack"
down graphic and sew on right side with floss.
4 . It is best to print your photos onto Espson Photo Quality Ink
Jet Paper to work with since it is much easier to sand and chalk
photos on paper. Sand main photo (4" x 4.5") on edges.
Glue onto 5"x 5.5" piece of Impressionist Earth. Miter
corners 1/4" (tear or cut at an angle on each corner) and then
roll in edges of paper to create a frame around your photo. Glue
onto page as shown, about 4" from bottom and 1" from left
side. Punch two small holes with needle on left upper and lower
corners of photo and thread through twine and tie on left inside
of rolled photo frame.
5. Sew on "DAD" letters, buttons and burlap onto page
as shown using twine.
6. Chalk other photo ( 5" x 3.5" )to be placed below hats
and glue onto page.
7. Sand smallest photo on edges (3.5" x 2.5")
8. Print journalling onto transparency and use 2 small glue dots
to attach to sheet. These glue dots will be covered when you glue
down your last photo.
9. Glue on last photo so it covers your glue dots or glue on transparency
10. Attach 2" piece of raffia with glue and brad as shown.
11. Glue on last letter and last "shoe and clock" graphic
squares as shown.
12. Mount finished page onto cardstock so that it creates a frame
for the page.